Frequently Asked Questions

How old do you have to be?

You need to be at least 16 years old. If you are under 18 you will need permission from a parent or guardian. If you are under 25 then you will also need a financial guarantor.

What sort of driving licence do I need?

You need to hold a UK Provisional Driving Licence, and will also need to obtain a Compulsory Basic Training (CBT) Certificate.

You can find out more information about driving licences here.

There is information about the CBT here.

What bikes do you have?

  • Yamaha Neos 50cc
  • Yamaha Vity 125cc
  • Suzuki Address 110cc

What bikes can I ride?

  • If you are aged 16 you can only ride a 50cc moped. These are limited to approx. 30mph.
  • If you are aged 17 or over you can ride up to a 125cc machine if you hold a provisional driving licence and a CBT Certificate.
  • If you hold a Full UK Driving Licence and passed your driving test before 1st February 2001 then you can ride a 50cc moped without taking a CBT. You will need to complete a CBT if you would like to ride a 125cc motorcycle. If you passed your driving test after 1st February 2001 you will need to complete your CBT to ride any bike.

How much does it cost?

A 50cc moped costs £40 per week & a 125cc scooter costs £40 per week.

The rental cost includes the use of the machine for up to 250 miles per week (excess mileage charged at 15p per mile), road tax, servicing, a bi-monthly safety check and the loan of a protective jacket.

Your first payment for a 50cc will be £210 or £210 for a 125cc scooter. This includes your first months rental fees, delivery of the scooter to your home address, and a starter pack which includes lock, oil and a cleaning kit.

How do I pay for my bike?

Payments are made in advance monthly by standing order.

How long can I have the bike for?

Our contracts run for 6 months, but can be extended if required.

Are there any other costs?

Apart from fuel you will need to buy oil for your bike which we can supply to you.

You will need a motorcycle helmet and gloves. We do not include these within the rental costs, but we have a full range of motorcycle helmets, gloves and trousers available to purchase. Please speak to us when you call to arrange your loan.

If you abuse or misuse the bike, or fail to carry out basic maintenance such as topping up oil or using chain lube then you will be liable for the full cost of any repairs.

What happens if my bike breaks down or needs a repair?

During the rental period we provide FREE services for your vehicle. We have a mobile workshop facility, which means we can come to you. Minor problems with your machine can often be fixed at your home, but if we do need to bring the bike into our workshop we offer a replacement machine subject to availability.

How do I get a bike?

If you live and / or work within Devon or Somerset please contact us on 07970480807 or email